WE ARE OPEN
We understand the concern over the spread of Covid-19 (caused by a new strain of coronavirus) amongst everyone associated with our businesses. We regularly review the latest advice from the UK Government (HMG), including Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Public Health England (PHE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) so we can remain fully compliant and continue to take appropriate action to protect our staff, customers and other stakeholders to the maximum extent possible at all times.
We fully support the Government’s ‘lockdown’ measures (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus) to:-
Stay at home
– Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
– Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
– Wash your hands as soon as you get home
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
As a manufacturing operation, very little of our work can be done from home. In this situation, HMG advice is that workers “should” go to work “to keep the country running” if it is safe for them to do so by following PHE guidelines on social distancing and hygiene (https://www.hse.gov.uk/news/social-distancing-coronavirus).
With this in mind, we are working closely with our employees on health and safety matters, particularly with regards to taking appropriate precautions where possible to protect them from coronavirus. With a small number of workers in a large building we are able to operate more than adequate social distancing in the factory and offices, with some changes to break times and locations to keep workers suitably apart at all times.
We will remain open for business while
- we can keep our employees, customers and other stakeholders safe,
- we continue to have the support of HMG, the HSE and our employees,
- we have a viable supply chain, and
- our products are needed by schools looking after key workers’ children, parents educating their children at home, and by vital industries directly or indirectly supporting the NHS, food production, food distribution, etc.
We feel this is the best and most appropriate contribution we can make to the country and its people as we all continue the battle against coronavirus and Covid-19.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.