We understand the widespread concern over the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) and we are committed to protecting our employees, agency and other workers, customers and suppliers as far as is reasonably practicable.
We regularly review the latest advice and guidelines from the UK Government (HMG), including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Public Health England (PHE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO). As always, we are working closely with our employees and other workers on health and safety matters, including a risk assessment specifically covering Covid-19, and we are taking appropriate precautions where possible to protect them from coronavirus in the workplace.
Our Covid-19 risk assessment is based on sector-specific advice issued by HMG on 11th May 2020 entitled Working Safely During COVID-19 in Factories, Plants and Warehouses. It includes due regard for existing health and safety requirements and various aspects of employment law, particularly those relating to discrimination and protected characteristics. With valuable input from our employees and agency workers, the risk assessment covers
- Social distancing
- Managing customers, visitors and contractors
- Cleaning the workplace
- Personal protective equipment and face coverings
- Workforce management
- Inbound and outbound goods.
Together we have identified a number of improvements to the preventative measures that were already in place to protect people in our premises. These include:
- staggering of work start and finish times
- staggering of break times and restrictions on the number of people in the tea-room and kitchen at any one time
- changes to access of other common areas, such as toilets
- encouraging people to wash their hands thoroughly at the start and end of every work session
- providing sanitiser fluid for use at other times and in different locations to supplement hand-washing facilities and for wiping handles and other surfaces
- changes to procedures, e.g. materials handling, goods-in and goods-out, production planning and essential maintenance.
These actions enhance hygiene measures and maximise social distancing in our workplaces, helping to protect everyone who might be affected by our activities from infection by Covid-19.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.